Do I need a building consent for Insulmax® wall insulation?

YES – All types of external wall insulation, including Insulmax® and common household name insulation products require a building consent even when installed in a home that has been built for many years. 

Some local councils have given Insulmax® an exemption to this requirement and your local independent Insulmax® license holder will be able to advise you of your local situation. Insulmax® is fully compliant with the applicable New Zealand building code clauses and demonstrates compliance using the CodeMark Certification Scheme. Insulmax® is the only retro wall insulation method to hold CodeMark Certification.

Don’t worry about the consent process, as all paper work and consent applications are made by your Insulmax® representative.